Every once in a while a new technology finds its way in the Gartner Hype Cycle for Technologies (in Healthcare) and its effectiveness and usability is applied to the management and interoperability of Healthcare Records. For instance, access to the Healthcare records by various stakeholders in the care continuum: care providers and patients.
Monday, 16 October 2017
Monday, 9 October 2017
Cybersecurity is in the news almost daily and Investment in cybersecurity, by established corporations or venture capital is rising. The stature and business significance of cybersecurity operations within organisations continues its rise to a strategic management issue in every organisation. A dearth of skills shortage continues to impede the progress of a successful cyber defense strategy that can be put in place, this is driving most organizations to increasingly look for outside help be entering into consulting and managed security services contracts.
Rapid Increase in the Investment in Cybersecurity
- According to Gartner, worldwide spending on cybersecurity increased by 7% as compared to last year and will reach $86.4 billion in 2017.
- Spending on both cybersecurity services and products is expected to keep growing into 2018, reaching $93 billion by the end of the year.
- An Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) survey found that for 39% of organizations, improving cybersecurity is the most important business initiative driving IT spending in 2017 and that 69% of organizations are increasing their cybersecurity budgets in this year alone.
- 81% of cybersecurity professionals agree that improving security analytics and operations is a high priority at their organizations.
- Cybersecurity startup funding hit an all-time quarterly high in terms of number of deals in the first quarter of 2017, up 26% from the previous quarterly high. The trend held through the second quarter, which saw just one fewer deal (145 total) compared to the previous quarter.
- The amount of disclosed equity funding to cybersecurity companies has also recently broken records, reaching an all-time quarterly high of $1.6 billion in the second quarter of 2017, according to CB Insights.
Sunday, 24 September 2017
IDC: Smartwatches accelerate in the second quarter, Device shipments grew 10.3% year over year to hit 26.3 million units during the second quarter of 2017; smartwatches grew 60.9%.
We are seeing the transformation of the wearables market with the total shipment volumes expected to maintain their forward momentum. According to the International Data Corporation's (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Wearable Device Tracker, vendors will ship a total of 125.5 million wearable devices this year, marking a 20.4% increase from the 104.3 million units shipped in 2016. From there, the wearables market will nearly double before reaching a total of 240.1 million units shipped in 2021, resulting in a five-year CAGR of 18.2%. 
Thursday, 27 July 2017
#IoHT is already delivering tangible cost savings, but continuous investment is essential - Accenture
|Image Source: https://www.accenture.com/us-en/insight-accenture-2017-internet-health-things-survey|
In a recently published report by Accenture , based on a survey of 77 Healthcare payers and 77 Healthcare providers in the US, the reports findings indicate that healthcare leaders are at risk of missing out on substantial cost savings, if they don't take the full advantage of Internet of Health Things (IoHT).
Wednesday, 26 July 2017
During the recently held #PhilipsChat the from Philips Healthcare set the agenda to discuss various aspects of what is Connected Care?
Whenever a TweetChat is held, the moderator puts out an agenda for the discussion. Once its time, the participants share their point of view by Tweeting out their responses to the questions, tweeted by the moderator.July 7, 5PM CET/11AM ET: Join #PhilipsChat and let’s discuss how connected care is transforming healthcare pic.twitter.com/lKNO5RCVjB— Philips Healthcare (@PhilipsHealth) 4 July 2017
Monday, 26 June 2017
Please note the above slides have been extracted from the Mary Meeker, Internet report 2017 purely for the purposes of this article. The statistics mentioned in this Blog have been taken from the Mary Meeker Internet Report 2017, relevant for DigitalHealth. For more details please view the complete report here
While reviewing the Mary Meeker, Internet Report 2017 I found came across the statement "DigitalHealth at an Inflection point". So in this article (as also the slide deck above) I have tried to review the Digital Health specific updates and provide a correlation to them by linking it up with the India Internet section that has also been highlighted in the report.
Friday, 9 June 2017
#Startup, is a favourite word we hear these days from AiM to PM. At times it has connotations of a journey to fulfil, a dream to Startup is to Just go for it, and at times it brings about the memories of your struggles and wins, from that journey. But to startup is to also understand the basics of the entire process of establishing a business and running it.